April is National Occupational Therapy Month. Occupational Therapists (OT) help their clients live life to the fullest by improving their ability to participate in activities of daily living, leisure and school or work.
Occupational therapy services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve one’s ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home program recommendations
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers.
Our occupational therapy team gets excited about helping clients be able to do the little things that are important to them every day, such as tying their shoes, making themselves dinner, playing a game with a friend or keeping homework organized so that it can be turned in on time. Whatever skills are needed for the job of living, OTs work towards higher achievement. To learn more about OT in general, visit the American Occupational Therapy Association’s web page at www.aota.org. If you have questions about how OT could help you or a family member, contact our office at 503-352-0240 and ask to speak to our Occupational Therapist.