Look each month for new ideas from Melissa Polensky COTA/L. She will be sharing great ideas for easy, fun and sensory rich activities that help to support occupational therapy and speech therapy goals.
Everyone loves bubbles but what recipe makes the….BEST BUBBLES
After making 3 different bubble recipes in our break room, I found this recipe to be the one which produced the most bubbles. Enjoy! 🙂
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups of dish soap
- ¾ cup of corn syrup
Benefits of making and playing with bubbles
- 1.Improves children’s planning skills
- 2.Teaches children the importance of follow direction
- Utilizes visual tracking skills by watching the bubbles!
- Establishes fine motor skills especially stirring those ingredients!
- Utilize it as a calming strategy ~Blowing bubbles helps children learn how to practice deep breathing.
- Encourage your kids to clap the bubbles to improve motor planning and gross motor skills.
Go outside and enjoy this fun activity during the last of our warm, sunny days!