In occupational therapy we love to explore and create! Here’s what we are up to this week: Halloween is here, which means it’s time to make….
- 5 oz. bottle of Elmer’s clear school glue
- 1 TB liquid watercolors
- 1 TB red color
- 3oz. Sta-flo liquid starch
- Be sure to add the glue first
- Then mix in the liquid watercolors (food coloring works, as well).
- Slowly add in the liquid starch, stirring well along the way.
- Knead the slime for a minute or two, then check the stickiness and stretch. (If more starch is needed, be sure to add it in a tablespoon at a time and knead together.)
Want to build a volcano for your Lava slime? Here are some suggestions!
-Make a volcano out of clay to promote fine motor skills
-Make a volcano out of sand to improve sensory processing skills
-Make a volcano out of baking soda to encourage problem solving!
Check out this link for more info. www.funathomewithkids.com
Yours in Health,New Horizons Wellness Services
13333 SW 68th Pkwy,
Tigard, OR 97223
New Horizons Wellness Services provides a true multidisciplinary approach to mental & physical health treatments for children, adults and families.