If your child is experiencing 3 or more problems identified below, occupational therapy intervention may be helpful.
- Difficulty focusing attention (or over-focused) and unable to shift to next task.
- Low muscle tone; tends to lean on arms or slumps at desk.
- Needs more practice then other children to learn new skills.
- Reverses letters such as b and d and/or can’t space letters/words on the lines.
- Breaks pencils frequently or writes with heavy pressure.
- Does not enjoy jumping, swinging, or having feet off the ground.
- Poor handwriting, tires quickly during written class work.
- Difficulty paying attention or following instructions.
- Overly active, unable to slow down.
- Poor self-esteem, lack of self-confidence.
- Dislikes swimming, bathing, hugs, and/or haircuts.
- Over-reacts to touch, tastes, sounds, or odors.
- Avoids physical education or sports activities.
- Finds it difficulty to make friends with peers of the same age, prefers to interact with adults or younger children rather than with children of the same age.
- Difficulty following multiple step instructions for motor tasks.
- Difficulty tying shoes or manipulating buttons, snaps, or zippers.
- Appears clumsy; falls or trips frequently.
- Poor organization or difficulty keeping materials together in/around desk, backpack, or work area.
- Difficulty cutting or coloring inside the lines.
We offer occupational therapy for pediatric(child and adolescent) and adult patients. Please feel free to contact us for more information at 503-352-0240.
Yours in Health,New Horizons Wellness Services
13333 SW 68th Pkwy,
Tigard, OR 97223
New Horizons Wellness Services provides a true multidisciplinary approach to mental & physical health treatments for children, adults and families.